But that’s not the end of their work to improve financial literacy in northern Indiana. Round 2 — The Final Round — of voting begins today and thousands of votes are needed.
The contest runs May 19-25. Junior Achievement needs your vote to help win up to $500,000. The money will be awarded based on the number of votes the top charities receive. Last year, the big winners had more than 15,000 votes and the goal is to reach this milestone as well. If JANI wins the top prize, it will will be able to increase the number of students served every year by 20 percent.
How you can help:
- Login to Facebook and vote at the Chase Community Giving app. In the "find charities" box, type in "Junior Achievement of Northern Indiana" and click "Go." Below, you will see the information. Click on the name and then click the "Vote" button. Important: You can vote only once, so please share the information with your coworkers, friends and family.
- Forward this information to your business colleagues, friends and family and ask them to vote for Junior Achievement of Northern Indiana.
- Post this Facebook status: I value the work Junior Achievement of Northern Indiana does with our students. Vote for their Big Idea to increase JA’s financial literacy programs to reach over 120,000 students per year by participating in the Chase Community Giving contest. They could win up to $500,000 with enough votes! Please tell others to vote too! http://ow.ly/4T5zX
- Post this Twitter update: Vote for @JAofNI’s Big Idea to improve financial literacy by participating in the Chase Community Giving contest thru May 25! http://ow.ly/4T5zX (RT pls!)
- Post this on LinkedIn: I believe the financial literacy of today’s kids is critical to our region’s economic success. Join me and vote for Junior Achievement of northern Indiana’s Big Idea to improve financial literacy – by voting in the Chase Community Giving contest thru May 25! http://ow.ly/4T5zX
Your vote helps JANI achieve a Big Idea: Improving the financial literacy of students across northern Indiana.