"The U.S. Chamber fully complies with all applicable laws and regulations. No foreign money is used to fund Chamber political activities."
The Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce, along with more than 3 million businesses, is a member of the U.S. Chamber.
- The Associated Press and Factcheck.org find no merit in the recent attacks.
- A story by the Los Angeles Times
- A recent WSJ editorial: Shutting Up Business
- Baltimore Sun: Democrats' attack ad sets new low for midterm mud
- Augusta Chronicle: Don't change the subject
And as the New York Times worded it:
"But a closer examination shows that there is little evidence that what the (U.S. Chamber) does in collecting overseas dues is improper or even unusual, according to both liberal and conservative election-law lawyers and campaign finance documents."
For more on this topic from the U.S. Chamber, visit its web site.