Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Phil's Associate Conductor Appointed Music Director in Ontario

Congratulations are due to the Fort Wayne Philharmonic's Associate Conductor Bradley Thachuk. He has been appointed to the position of Music Director for the Niagara Symphony in Ontario, Canada. He will be their seventh Music Director - and he was chosen from over 100 applicants.

Thachuk will continue to perform his full-time duties as Associate Conductor for The Phil for the 2010/11 season, and he will serve as the Music Director Designate & Principal Conductor for the Niagara Symphony during that time. Thachuk says:

"As I move onto the next phase of my career, I am compelled to acknowledge the profound effect Fort Wayne has had on my life. This new appointment would never have happened without the incredible support from both the Philharmonic and its fantastic patrons. I would particularly like to acknowledge the players of The Phil, whose constant high level of performance and unyielding belief in me brought me to this juncture in my career. Aside from my family, everyone I love and value is in Fort Wayne. It not only is where I have worked for the past 8 years, it has become my home."

Read more about this news in our online Press Room on the home page of
fwchamber.org

No comments: