Right to Work bill gets committee hearing Monday
Your voice needs to be heard NOW
An important bill that establishes Right to Work in Indiana, HB 1468, will be heard by the House Committee on Employment and Labor on Monday, February 21, at 9 a.m. in Statehouse Room 156A.
The Chamber is asking Fort Wayne-area business people to voice their support for Right to Work in two ways:
Travel to Indianapolis to attend and even testify at the committee hearing
If you're able to attend or testify on Monday, contact Katy Stafford at email@example.com AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Contact an Employment and Labor committee member
If you're unable to travel to Indianapolis, please contact these committee members immediately and ask them to support a pro-business bill for Indiana. Please note that Rep. Bob Morris (R-Fort Wayne) sits on the committee.
- Rep. Doug Gutwein: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Sue Ellsperman: email@example.com
- Rep. David Niezgodski: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. John Bartlett: email@example.com
- Rep. Bill Davis: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Clyde Kersey: email@example.com
- Rep. Bob Morris: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep: Charles Mosley: email@example.com
- Rep. Mike Speedy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Greg Steurwald: email@example.com
- Rep. Jerry Torr: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Dennis Tyler: email@example.com
- Rep. Tim Wesco: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsure of what to say?
Talking points will be sent later today. But for background on this issue, please read this story on Inside Indiana Business, "Jobs, Jobs, Jobs: It's All About Jobs," by E. Roy Budd, executive director of Energize-ECI, the regional economic development corporation for East Central Indiana.
This is a no-cost economic development issue that will make Northeast Indiana more competitive.
Aspects of the bill:
- Makes it a Class A misdemeanor to require a person to join a labor organization, pay dues, fees or charges to a labor organization or pay money to a charity that represents a labor organization in order to be employed
- Exempts the Construction industry, Federal Railway Labor Act, and employees of United States
President and CEO
Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce