How to Start a Business Workshop
Through this workshop, individuals who are thinking about opening a business will gain an overview of the critical elements of starting a business. The format will be lecture-based with participatory activities. Topics include: defining and assessing the business idea, requirements for operating a business, creating a business plan, legal issues, and types of financing and financial strategies.
- Wednesday, December 8, 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in Fort Wayne (N.E. Indiana SBDC, 4312-B Hobson Road)
- Tuesday, December 14, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Trine University Library in Angola;
- Friday, December 17, 2 to 3:30 p.m. at the Whitley County Chamber of Commerce in Columbia City
Basics of a Winning Business Plan
This workshop will present tips and tricks for writing a successful business plan. Information presented includes the need for and the basic elements of a winning plan, including what lending institutions require, and the format is a mixture of discussion and exercises. Fee includes handouts and business planning software.
- Tuesday, December 7, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Decatur Chamber of Commerce
- Monday, December 20, 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in Fort Wayne (N.E. Indiana SBDC, 4312-B Hobson Road)
- Tuesday, December 21, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the LaGrange County Chamber of Commerce
To learn more about the services of the Northeast Indiana SBDC, which is hosted by Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne, call (260) 481-0500 or visit www.isbdc.org.