Friday, September 17, 2010

Thank You from Your VP Communications & Member Relations

A very "wet" thank you to all Chamber golfers!

It's hard to know where to begin thanking everyone who participated in the Annual Chamber Golf Outing yesterday.  We couldn't have done it without your support! Golfers, sponsors, volunteers, and Chamber staff all braved the elements to make our 2010 outing a success. Sounds unbearable? Far from it.  I learned yesterday that the most miserable conditions can create the best opportunities to experience people.  As it turns out (not that I'm surprised), our members are even more fun in the rain.  Despite the precipitation, serious golfing did commence. It was accompanied by lots of laughs, smiles, and even a little business on the greens.

I admit, I woke up at 2:30 yesterday morning panicked about oncoming storms.  What would that do to our outing?  Would people still attend?  Would they be in good moods?  Would they have fun?  After all, this was my first Annual Chamber Golf Outing and my team was in charge.  Mike Landram will want me to note that he assured me all along it would be fine.  He was right.  Not only was it fine, it was FUN!  When you're soaking wet and having fun, that business "armor" we wear every day disappears. With the exception of our golf scores, we're all the same on a day like that.  I heard several pleased participants share that great business was accomplished and they had a wonderful day!  So I guess my lesson as new VP is this: If we let our guard down and realize that we're all alike, while still being a little competitive, we can enjoy each other and get the job done too!  Lesson learned.

See you on the greens next year!
Michelle 

No comments: