Thursday, August 5, 2010

Phil Chorus Invites Auditions and Announces New Choral Series

I love sharing about our members, but in this particular blog post I have a personal stake! Long-time blog readers will remember that I have written before about the Fort Wayne Philharmonic and the joys of singing in The Phil Chorus. I'm thrilled to share the opportunity to be part of the Chorus -- spread the word!

The 2010-11 season will bring something new as The Phil Chorus presents its first series, The Lincoln Financial Foundation Signature Choral Series. Even more exciting for people in Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana who love singing choral music is the opportunity to audition for The Phil Chorus and lend their voices to the 100 or more volunteer singers who will comprise a new, expanded version of a chorus that has enhanced community performances of classical music for more than 60 years. Performing symphonic choral music with the professional musicians of The Phil is an exhilarating experience and it is now open to all who have a successful audition with Chorus Director Robert Nance.

The next series of auditions for the Chorus will take place from 5 to 9 p.m. August 24 to 26. Appointments are required. Read more about the audition process and the season here


P.S. If you think this sounds great but are still a little shy about auditioning, I encourage you to take that step! I've been through the process, and I can relate to you, but I can also tell you that it's worth it! Please join us for a spectacular season of great choral music. 

No comments: