Friday, May 14, 2010

Helen Murray, President of I&M, to Retire

Yesterday revealed a major announcement from Indiana Michigan Power (I&M). Helen J. Murray, president and chief operating officer at I&M, announced that she will be retiring from the company this summer. Murray, who is a native of Fort Wayne, has been responsible for distribution operations, customer and regulatory relationships for the company since 2006. She began her career at I&M over 30 years ago. She is known for her activities throughout the community, including serving on our own Board here at the Chamber of Commerce. Ms. Murray was also honored as a nominee for the Chamber's 2010 ATHENA Awards® for her work as role model to women, her efforts to develop positions of leadership for women, and her activism in the community.

She also currently serves on the B
oard of the Indiana Energy Association, the Executive Committee of the Board of Northeast Indiana Corporate Council. She is board chair for the Public Safety Foundation of Northeast Indiana and is Board Trustee for the University of St. Francis, serving on the Compensation Committee and as chair of the Academic Affairs Committee. Murray is also a member of the Indiana Chamber Board of Directors. She plans to continue her role on the St. Francis Board but will not continue on the other Boards.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed leading I&M for the past three-and-a-half years and am proud of I&M’s employees and the successes they have achieved. It has also been my privilege to serve 
Fort Wayne through my involvement with local boards as well as the state of Indiana with my participation in state organizations," says Murray. “It’s an exciting time for the electric utility industry and energy in general. I am confident that I&M’s employees will continue to meet the challenges and provide safe, reliable electricity to our customers.”

Paul Chodak III, currently president and chief operating officer of 
AEP’s Southwestern Electric Power Co. (SWEPCO), will lead the company upon Murray’s retirement. To read more on this story, click here

No comments: